Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Prevailing Prayer of the Evangelist" Paul Seger and Pat Cross


Greetings Co-workers,
A few days ago I sent out a video greeting:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8VFUQ74xY0    I mentioned Patrick Cross in the video and received the following note from him after that.  Thought you would want to read his thoughts on this topic.  
Paul Seger
Bibilcal Ministries Worldwide
General Director
Hey Paul,
 
Just wanted to say thank you for the kind words you shared on your video.
 
It was perfect timing for me; On those rare occasions, when I did not want to run, I made my self get out of the house and go out to one of my favourite trails.  The inversion was particularly bad that day (when warm air traps the pollution and the mountains prevent it from escaping).  It was what they call a red-air day in Utah, when out door activity is not recommended unless you are in the higher elevations above the smog.  I could not even see the base of the mountain behind our home which is less than 2 miles and I was just worn out and looking for an excuse not to run.
 
I told myself the first step is the hardest and it is history after that, you just keep going even when you don't feel like because you have committed yourself.  I started on one of the scenic trails but I could not see anything for the smog.  The switch back continued to climb and the air started to improve and so did my mental out look.  When I hit the ridge at about 6,000 ft. it was an awesome view; running through the pines covered in snow, looking down on wheeler creek cascading over the rocks, and a brilliant blue sky above.  I started accelerating on all the uphill sections and just free-wheeling down hills on the soft snow covered trails.  I had one of my best runs in weeks on a day when I did not particularly want to go.
 
I came home that evening and watch your video and it made me think of how prayer is enjoyed once you get down on your knees and start climbing the switch back up the hill toward our LORD's awesome presence.  Once you get above the smog you can see all His beauty and the things He has created for our enjoyment.  If you stay in the valley or worse yet never get out the door, you'll never experience those heights of joy!  The first several miles were work but the better part of the run was sheer enjoyment that left me exhilarated looking forward to next runners high.  Running is not merely putting one foot in front of the other it is when your mind, body, and soul are all mysteriously carrying you down the trail effortlessly.  Neither is prayer mere words but it is when your soul is being nourished by the very presence of the All Mighty and when your thirsty soul is quenched but is seeking greater depths still (A. W. Tozer).
 
I am trying to apply the same lessons to my prayer life and now using my times on the trails for praise, adoration, and worship.
Thanks for encouraging us to pray.

Paddy  (Patrick Cross)

No comments:

Post a Comment